September 27, 2008

Pop Go the Weasels

There's a great point being made about the questions Sarah Palin has been peppered with in her few interviews. I couldn't put my finger on it, but knew something was odd; something told me I had seen this before.

If you remember the 2000 election, Bush was asked identify the leader of Pakistan - he bumbled the answer. It was the first of many attempts to cast W as clueless on foreign affairs. Likewise, Palin is being subjected to the same style of grilling.

A topic at The Corner, leads you to an article about the Pop-Quiz style questioning intended to trip up Palin. It gives Sarah advice about how to answer the baited questions she continually gets tossed.
"...back to your question. You seem to be implying that if I don't know something you didn't learn about until you were preparing for this interview, somehow that means I'm not qualified for office. I realize you're just doing your job, but don't you think the American people want a leader, not a Jeopardy winner?

"And by the way: Did you ever ask John Edwards that question?"
That kind of a response would end the Double-Jeopardy questioning from the dimwitted Katie Couric and her comrades in a heartbeat.

No comments: